The Art and Law of Rest: A Legal Guide to Paid Medical Leave for Mental Health (Paperback)
"This is a book with a real mission and valuable information. Andy Chu is an expert in the field of paid medical leave and disability income. Anyone considering these topics should start with this book." -Michael Bernick, former Director of Employment Development Department of California
Avoid common mistakes, develop self-advocacy skills, and take advantage of benefits available to you. Learn how to:
- Take a medical leave and get paid using disability income
- Recognize a disability that entitles you to short or long term disability income
- Identify state, federal, or commercial disability income that may replace lost wages
- Invoke state and federal law to protect your job and health insurance
- Collaborate with your doctors to effectively document your disability in your medical records
The Art of Law and Rest focuses on mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, and contains a special chapter on how to identify mental health disability. It explains how to spot mental health limitations that can validate a disability claim, and dispels disability-related myths and misconceptions that have ruined lives.
The Art of Law and Rest illustrates legal concepts through storytelling and ends with a step-by-step guide on how to plan for a successful medical leave.
Begin here to learn how to protect your income, job, and health insurance while you rest and heal.