Fearless Farm Finances: Farm Financial Management Demystified (Paperback)
This newly revised book presents the complex subject of farm financial management in a straight forward and readable style, with numerous tips and examples from working farms. The book offers examples from a diversity of farms, from dairy to diversified vegetable, to orchards and pastured poultry. The content is relevant for both small- and large-scale operations. Sample farm data sets highlight how equations, formulas, and analysis are done. Discussions about financial ratios, pricing strategies and ways to assess and improve profitability can help farmers improve the sustainability of their operations.
A project of the Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service, (MOSES), authors include Paul Dietmann, emerging markets specialist at Badgerland Financial, Dr. Craig Chase, farm management specialist for Iowa State University, and project manager and editor, Jody Padgham, finance director of MOSES.
Fully indexed with a glossary, this approximately 250 page 8.25 x 11 inch paper bound book is a valuable resource for both beginning and established farmers.
Book sections include:
- Starting With Financial Management
- Farm Data Collection and Organization
- The Big Picture: Organizing Basic Financial Information
- Analysis and Decision-Making Using Your Numbers
- Analyzing Specific Elements of Your Farm
- Thinking About the Future
- Other Factors that Affect Your Financial Situation