At Mystery Lovers Bookshop our goal is to be the best crime and mystery website. We emphasive personal service with a helpful and knowledgeable staff. We've provided this statement of our policies about shipping, orders and privacy as a helpful resource but please don't hesitate to contact us through the site or call us at 1-888-800-6078.
How will my order be shipped?
- Our usual method of shipping for orders consisting solely of books is US Postal Service Media Mail for orders shipped anywhere in the United States including Alaska and Hawaii.Shipping is free for orders of $25 or more, otherwise $5.
- For orders that include mugs, totes, puzzles, games or any other non-book item we must ship your order Priority Mail as Media Mail is only available for shipping books, CD's and DVD's. We will charge you $10 in shipping regardless of the size of your order.
- If you prefer US Post Office Priority Mail for orders would qualify for Media Mail, you may choose that when you check out. Cost is $10.
- Orders shipped to all other locations can be sent via US Post Office Air Mail or US Post Office Surface Mail.
- Express Mail shipment with guaranteed delivery in 1 to 3 days is available. We'll charge you our cost which we'll quote before shipping your order.
What will I pay for shipping?
Shipping is free for any order of $25 or more, sent within the US and via Media Mail. Shipping by other services or overseas will incur other charges..
||Lower 48 States
||$25 or more
||2 to 8 days
||less than $25
||2 to 8 days
||1 to 5 days
||Alaska or Hawaii
||$25 or more
||7 to 14 days
|| less than $25
||7 to 14 days
|| All US
|| USPS Priority
|| all orders
|| 1 to 5 days
|| Non US
|| all orders
- Orders sent to the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, are sent USPS Media Mail and are free for orders of $25 or more. Orders of less than $25 are charged $5 shipping and handling.
- Domestic orders, including Alaska and Hawaii, can also be sent via USPS Priority Mail for a charge of $10. Priority Mail can be sent to Post Office boxes.
- If your order is sent to any other location we will charge you the actual cost of shipping. For most locations you will have a choice of US Post Office Air or Surface mail. The former is faster but more expensive, the latter slower and cheaper. Before shipping your order we'll give you a quote for the cost of shipment and will only ship your order and charge your credit card once you approve the shipping costs.
How long will it take my order to be shipped?
If all the books you've ordered are in stock we'll generally ship your order the day we receive it or the next day. You can estimate shipping time from the chart above. Delivery times for Media Mail are approximate and not guaranteed. Delivery times for UPS are day definite and we can provide you with a delivery date is you request.
Shipments to overseas locations vary by destination. We'll give you the Post Office estimate on delivery time when you place your order.
If you wish faster delivery of your order we offer UPS Next Day Air, Second Day Air and Three Day Select service. We'll quote you a price for these at the time you place your order.
What about books that are not available
It sometimes happens that you'll order books which are not immediately available for one reason or another. Here's how we handle such situations
Your order includes books that are out of stock in our store
If we're out of stock on a title you've ordered, we'll order it from our suppliers on the Saturday after your order. In most cases we'll have the book back in stock the following Tuesday or Wednesday. If the out of stock title is a British import it can be much more difficult to estimate a time of delivery. Shipments from our British wholesaler can take from 3 weeks to several months to arrive although if the books are already enroute, they may arrive sooner than this. We'll give you our best estimate at the time you place your order.
In some cases we'll have your order delivered directly from our warehouse. This can save time and there is no additional charge. We'll advise you when we're doing this and when to expect the order to ship.
You order books that are actually out of print or unavailable
Although we work very hard to keep our database of titles up to date it sometimes happens that a book on our site is actually out of print or not likely to be available in the foreseeable future. We will notify you of any books you have ordered which we cannot obtain. We'll give you the opportunity to cancel your order or have us ship what is available. If the resulting order no longer qualifies for free shipping, we'll have to charge shipping for that order. We will not ship any books or charge your credit card unless you tell us you want to proceed.
You order books that have not yet been published
If some of your order consists of books that have not yet been published we'll inform you of the status of those books. Generally we can hold your order until it is complete and then ship it to you with free shipping if the subsequent shipments qualify for free shipping or for the flat shipping charge otherwise.
If you prefer to have your order sent in multiple shipments we are happy to do that. Each shipment will be free shipping so long as it qualifies.
In any of these cases, we'll inform you of the status and costs of one or more shipments and will not ship any books or charge your card until we have your approval.
If any of the titles you order have publication dates several months or more in advance we will generally suggest leaving these off the books to be shipped immediately. We will retain your order and send you notice by email when these future publications arrive. It's entirely your choice as to whether we ship these books or combine them with other orders you may place.
Paying for your order
We accept MasterCard or Visa. If you are a new customer you should choose Credit Card as the method of payment when you check out and then provide us with your credit card account number and expiration date. We will not charge your credit card until we have shipped your order. You may cancel or modify your order at any time by email or phone.
Mystery Lovers Bookshop is committed to protecting your privacy.
This privacy statement discloses what information we gather about you when you visit the mysterylovers.com site and describes how we use that information. Our policy is to keep the personal information we receive from our Site completely confidential and used solely for internal purposes. We will not share your personal information with any other parties.
Collection of your Personal Information:
The personal information we collect may include your name, title, company or organization name, e-mail, phone. We may collect certain information about your visit, such as type of browser you use; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our Site. This information is used to help improve the Site and administer the Site.
Use of your Personal Information:
The personal information collected on this Site will be used to provide the services you have requested.
We may use your personal information to provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including critical updates and notifications.
About your credit card
If you are a new customer we'll need to collect your credit card information in order to process your order. This information is transmitted to us using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which makes it very difficult for anyone intercepting your communications to extract a usable credit card number.
We maintain your credit card information within your order record in an encrypted form. We do not maintain any credit card information within your customer record on our site.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or concerns about the way we process your Personal Data, please contact us using the Contact Us form.
We may occasionally modify this privacy statement. All such changes will be reflected on this web page.